7 Questions to Ask About Your Home's Energy Loss
To help you formulate a plan, ask yourself these 7 questions on how much your home is losing energy:
- How much money do you spend on energy?
- Where are your greatest energy losses?
- How long will it take for an investment in energy efficiency to pay for itself?
- Do the energy saving measures provide additional benefits that are important to you (for example, increased comfort from a warm home in the winter)?
- How long do you plan to own your home?
- Can you do the job yourself or will you need to hire a contractor?
- What is your budget and how much time do you have to spend on maintenance and repairs?
Next step is to assign priorities to your energy needs so you can form an efficiency plan.
Your plan should provide you with a strategy for making smart home improvements. These home improvements will increase your home’s energy efficiency to save you the most money.
Did you know that your heating system is the largest appliance using the most energy on your power bills? Sometimes it is easier to have a professional come out and give advice on how to make your home more efficient. You can have One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning's Comfort Advisor conduct an energy audit on your home for free. After gathering information about your home, the Comfort Advisor will give you a list of recommendations for cost effective energy improvements to enhance your comfort and safety. They will also calculate the return on your investment in high-efficiency equipment compared to standard equipment.
Google Heating Olympia or Heating Tacoma to find your local energy expert in your area OR CALL One Hour at 888-389-5488 to have a comfort advisor do an energy audit on your home.